Saturday, May 5, 2012

Final Fitness Test

I trekked into town today for my final fitness test. It has been raining here - 50mm of rain overnight, so our farm is very soggy. So soggy in fact, that I almost got bogged this morning on our road! Not a good sign for the winter to come if I'm getting bogged on the first big rain of the season! The hub is out there now 'fixing' it... But, I digress.

Week 12 fitness test was today. I was sooo nervous! I wanted to better my time from last week. It's amazing how competitive I have become - not with others, but with myself! I am desperately trying to push the boundaries every time I get out there. Which is a good thing. For sure! The women (and man) of the South West Perth Crew are so inspiring! There are some on their 3rd or 4th round that have lost 40+kg. So amazing. And then I remember that I (little old me) has lost 24kg. Far out. Everyone is looking fabulous and I can see all the hard work really paying off for them. Some are totally dedicated and are out burning their 500cals every day and eating squeaky clean, others started dedicated but are slowly dwindling (like me). But everyone there today has lost weight over the 12 weeks. Fantastic women!

And we were committed! The high school oval that we run on? Squishy, squelchy and totally waterlogged! Was not an easy run. I had a different game plan this week. I always seem to have heaps left in the tank by then end of the run and find myself sprinting at the end. So this time I went out fast and ran the first 250m at a sprint. I slowed down considerably when I hit the super soggy ground. My shoes and socks were totally drenched. We run 3 laps, so I had to run through that mess 3 times. YUCK! But the game plan seemed to work because by the end of the 1km I was exhausted... Nothing left for a sprint!


ScreenieFitness 

Solid improvements all the way. I was a bit disappointed with my Sit & Reach today, but my legs but so stiff after the run. I'm hoping that over the 4 week break from the end of this round, to the start of next round that my fitness will remain. I don't particularly want to go backwards when you see how far I have come!

No comments:

Post a Comment