Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Running Centre

trc-hOME

These people are awesome. If you live anywhere near Perth and are in need of new running shoes - or any fitness paraphernalia, then Cody and his team at the Running Centre are the people to see.

My new shoes feel like I'm running on clouds and after buying them and wearing them for over a week, not a single blister has graced my feet. They are truly awesome shoes. But holy hell - they are the UGLIEST effing running shoes I have ever owned. So ugly, the leaves wilt when I run past.
ugly

See? UGLY! But oh so very comfortable. And they fit like a dream. One of the Running Centre team give you a survey when you arrive to find out your running/fitness needs. Right down to what socks you wear when running (this makes a difference how??? I forgot to ask!)

They have a 5-step Shoe Fitting system which really helps to decide which shoes are going to help you to run at your very best for your foot and your running style.

Step 1: The survey... right down to the socks you wear!
Step 2: Measurements. (Of your feet!) Not just the length, but width and what happens to your knees when you bend them. Very comprehensive!
Step 3:  Arch. They look at your arch using a fancy plate thingie. Very technical! I got told I had great arches. *Blush*
Step 4: Treadmill running. Just slowly! ;-) Guess they don't want you flying off the back of the treaddy and suing them! But while you're running, the team video your running style looking for little hints and tips that might help them work out what shoes would suit you.
Step 5: They bring out a range of shoes and you try them on - one type on one foot and then the other type on the other foot. Then you run some more. Outside... right out the front of the coffee shop and bank. Don't be too put out though. I'm sure the coffee drinkers were thinking that I was amazing looking and about to head to London for the games!

So thorough!

If you live in or near Perth... drop in and see them when you need new shoes. Their fitting system is WAY better than the other ones that are at some of the shoe chainstores. And the service is spot on! (Doesn't hurt that Cody is very easy on the eyes and his accent is lovely!)


You can find them at:

OR

If you head to their website before heading in, sign up to their newsletter for at 20% discount on your purchases! If you do head in to see them, tell them I sent you!

They are in West Perth on Hay St, and the Red Cat bus drops you right out the front of their store. Super easy!


Disclaimer: I was not paid nor asked to write this post. I am not affiliated with TRC in any way. I bought my own shoes and wanted to shout to the world about how awesome The Running Centre is!

No comments:

Post a Comment