Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Shopping for a smaller bod!

Shopping after you've lost some weight is very daunting, but SO much fun! It was really interesting to see that my body doesn't fit a standard size. I'm a definite Size 12 (Australia) or a Medium on top. Narrow shoulders and small boobs (sob) help my fit into a Size 12 comfortably. However, the bottom half is a rock-solid Size 14 (and a long way from being a 12).

On my shopping list this weekend was:

** New running shoes
** Jeans
** Tall boots
** Sucky-in-undies
** Dressier jumpers/tops than my sports cardies.
** Sports Bra
** Smaller workout pants
** Winter uggboots for Master H and new winter flannelette PJs for the kiddies.


Jeans
Me in my new jeans and shoes!

Thankfully, the Hub was gorgeous enough to take the kids to his mates' place where they could play with some other kids and let their mummy shop in peace. Oh the bliss. Not having to push a pram/stroller through clothing racks or entertaining children in a changeroom without them sucking on the mirror (oh the germs!). And shopping with kids always takes 10 times longer because you have to get them food to keep their hands, minds and bellies busy. You need to take one to the toilet, then get 15mins into your shopping and work out that the other one needs a nappy change. So I was VERY grateful for my shopping trip all alone!

 First stop was The Running Centre in West Perth for new shoes. I'll let you know about these awesome people in another post. I started to write it all down here and it took up a huge amount of space. I want to give them all the absolute credit they deserve, so they get their own post!


Next it was on to Harbourtown which is the factory direct outlet in Perth. Here I found some Lorna Jane pants. I was unconvinced when I bought them, but they were 20% off. I gave them the thumbs up after my run the next day! I also found the uggs for H. Out of all the shoe stores and bra stores though I couldn't find anything in my size. (And the boots still won't do up over my monster calves *sniffle*)

Off to Perth City and headed straight to Jeans West to grab my jeans. I knew what I wanted in style and colour and did NOT need the pushy assistant telling me that I needed 2 pairs. "Because they are 2 for $100", well lovie - that's $30 + an extra pair of jeans that I just didn't want/need. Anyway the exciting thing??? SIZE 13. I haven't been that size in jeans since 2003. Holy crap! 9 years!

Sucky-in-undies from David Jones... done. They worked a treat!



spanx

Spanx

Bra and boots :( :( didn't get either, but managed to pick up a cute pair of ballet flats to ease my sadness! And I completely forgot to look for jumpers! I was fairly warm while flitting from shop to shop!

I absolutely feel more confident about being in 'normal sizes' stores. It was pleasant to not feel like the 'fat girl'. Looking forward to another shopping trip in a couple of months. I wonder what size I'll be then?


1 comment:

  1. you dont need sucky in undies anymore! embrace a skimpy pair ASAP.

    ReplyDelete