Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Permission to be a slacker...


Long time no chat! I miss this. I miss telling the world how awesome I am! I miss you!! My last post was eons ago. Let me fill you in on what has been happening in the journey to 'Find Marnie"...


Round 1 - you all know I smashed out a 16.8kg loss... fab :D
Round 2 - Start weight 79.9kg, end weight 77.8kg :/ Not so fab. A loss is a loss, but it was terribly disappointing.
Round 3 - Start weight: 77.8kg, Current weight: 75.5 

So I've coasted for 5 months... May - October has seen me take my foot off the accelerator... Absolutely well and truly. -6.5kgs since May 6... I've kept up the exercise because I LOVE IT... Absolutely love the feeling exercise gives me and love that I can start to tone up my flabby bits. I love that I can chase my kids around the house and help the hub around the house with more manual tasks. I'm strong! And I LOVE IT! And I'm a tad grumpy if I don't get to exercise!!

So imagine what the numbers on the scale would be like if I didn't keep the exercise up?? Oh my goodness - I'm not keen to think about that. Because every food rule that I have learned over the first 12 weeks of the 12WBT, I have broken over and over again. A bikkie? Sure, why not... Hey! You've exercised today - why not have 3... or the whole effing packet! Bah! I gave myself permission, day in and day out to eat what I wanted.

When I found myself down with Sinusitis for the last 3 weeks, I gave myself permission to tone the exercise down a notch too... I felt horrid, started getting really snarky at everyone and felt terrible about myself. Exercise would have snapped this out of me, but I refused.

The days are getting lighter earlier and the sun is setting later in the evenings and I used to be out there running/walking EVERY day... I was running out of excuses to just get out there and do it.

So today, sick of my internal bitching and whining, I made a personal affirmation to my group of girls in the South West Crew... I wrote a post explaining how crap I was feeling and I knew that only I could do something about it. So I am! Today is Day 1 and far out it was awesome! Feeling so positive and feeling so fabulous! It is week 7 of the program at the moment... But I am going to smash out these last 5 weeks. Look out world!

No comments:

Post a Comment